It was reviewed in the following places:
- New York Times
- San Francisco Chronicle, review by Jim Dodge
- Baltimore City Paper
- Nimble Spirit Review
Fossil Cherries, published on Terrain.org, July 2017
Clothesline at the End of the World published in Dark Mountain Vol. 11
Circling Back, Unearthing Paradise Anthology
Garden in the Wild, Montana Quarterly, Fall 2014, (not available online)
The Last Book I Loved, The Death of the Heart published in The Rumpus
“I know you are reading this poem…” on the death of Adrienne Rich, HTML Giant
Anything Can Happen, on fishing for bluegills on fly tackle in the Missouri Breaks, Big Sky Journal (not available online)
From 2002-2012 I blogged regularly about food, gardening and living sustainably in Montana on my LivingSmall blog.
My Inner Child: A Christmas to Remember, Making a Croquembouche, originally published at Culinate.com, was included in Best Food Writing 2010
Monthly CookBookSlut Column, 2009-2013.
(all links now go to legacy archive, as Culinate no longer exists).
- My Inner Child: A Christmas to Remember, Making a Croquembouche
- Rethinking our Food Priorities: Let’s Hear It For Egg Ladies
- The Walking Cure: Hunting for Mushrooms, Finding Herself
- Buying the Farm: Planting the Seeds of Agricultural Bliss
- Alice Waters and Montana’s Ameya Preserve: Slow Food Über Alles?
- Strange bedfellows: Why is Alice Waters involved with the Ameya Preserve in Montana?
- LivingSmall in Montana: What’s in your freezer?
- contributed garden updates, and smaller pieces.
“Robert Redford Speaking French,” Big Sky Journal, Spring/Summer 2010
“Radical Lean,” The Crossroads Anthology, Salt Lake City, 1996
“The Stigmata Incident” Salt Lake Acting Company, Feb. 2002
Montana Quarterly, book reviews, not available online but ask if you’d like PDFs.